"It is not so much about what you know
but about what you want to know
and where you want to go."
by Sophie Helenek
Sophie also seeks to integrate sports as a universal language within all communities – a mechanism for social and personal transformation and trans-cultural unity. Sophie believes in the accessibility of sports to all persons and generations - sports does not require expertise or physical perfection but action. Sports can be of collective and individual benefit within societies affected by war, natural disaster, disease, and psychologically stressful or rehabilitative contexts.
Sophie ‘s Speaker engagement and endorsement in which she discuss and offer her sport management expertise to sport as a powerful tool of communication to promote human right and reinforce core values (respect, leadership, gender equity, self-esteem, decision making ...)
Example of speaking engagement:
- Organize and host a discussion panel on the theme of “Taking Initiative” at the African Union Mission to the UN in NYC. Distinguished speakers which include: Olympians, UN Ambassadors, Award-Winning Artists and Corporate Executives.
- Speaker at the conference: “Sport and Beyond: Helping youth to rebuild after conflict” at Columbia University
- Speaker at the seminar: “Sport and Beyond: Be Inspired” at LeHigh University
- Speaker at the conference: “Sport and Beyond: Promoting Human Right” at the Student World Assembly Chapter City College of New York (CUNY)
- Keynote speaker in Pakistan at NUST National University of Sciences and Technology) Adventure Club, The Adventure Club of Pakistan, and PFAN (Pak-France Alumni Network )